Sex during the days of menopause and after has always been an issue to debate on. It’s a good topic to debate on and the female libido after menopause in a vital matter of concern.
Moreover, every female has a different view on it. Few women say that they have high libido after their menopause and most of them say that they have a lower one.
Female libido after menopause, can dip to a very low level, some women found that they do not think of sex as much as they used to do on some days of the month, while some found that they have an urge to have sex, but they aren’t able to enjoy it to its fullest.
The decreased libido is due to the lowered levels of three important sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone.
• Estrogen heightens the sensitivity during the sexual act,
• Progesterone maintains high libido, and
• Testosterone, which is a male hormone, increases the sexual urge, and helps to lubricate the vagina.
Female libido after menopause undergoes various undesirable changes such as mood swings, hot flashes, depressions, and dry vagina which make a woman’s urge to sex dip further.
Apart from these problems women also face the problem known as Self-Image and this plays a vital role in a woman’s sex drive.
If the woman feels that her changes during her monthly periods are uncomfortable, then she may not be interested to share these physical changes with her partner. Weight gain, changes in skin, and breast size and shape alterations can really affect a woman’s desire to have sex.
Moreover some women finds sex to be enjoying during and after periods, as they feel free for their partners to ejaculate in them without being worrying about being conceived.
Decreased libido is not at all a problem, if the woman is quite satisfied with her newly lowered urge, but if this new change comes into the way of personal relationship, then its time that one should seek for the medical help.
There are few ways in which we can treat the effects on female libido after menopause:
• Lubrication: During intercourse a lubricant can reduce the pain and can enhance the pleasure, thus increasing the female libido after menopause, though it won’t provide a long term solution, but usually comes handy.
• Hormone ointment: Hormone cream that mainly contains estrogen can be applied to the vagina, which leads to a pleasurable intercourse and helps reaching orgasm easily.
• Hormone Replacement Therapy: Its so far one of the most successful menopause treatment, it does not increase the libido by any chemical or biological means, but helps reducing the undesirable symptoms which occur due to menopause.
• Testosterone Replacement Therapy: A new research has come up showing the vital role of testosterone in a female sex’s drive.
A new testosterone patching method has come up which can increase the women’s sex drive up to 75%, but still these patches aren’t approved, so in its place the testosterone therapy is available, and its side-effects including cancer risk, rapid growth of hair, and deepening of voice.
Yoga: Yoga is another alternate method to ease the problems caused by menopause symptoms during the libido enhancement treatment. Yoga provides flexibility and calmness. One should consider in taking herbs to enhance the female libido after menopause.